Cat C9 ACERT Engines with Zeus® Pod Drive System: Where Power Meets Maneuverability
The engineering of the Cat C9 ACERT engine together with the Zeus® Pod Drive System fulfills the customer's desire for enhanced safety and maneuverability, resulting in a more enjoyable boating experience.
What our customers are saying:
- Excellent technology: easy to learn and move!
- Very good. Simple installation and maneuverability
- I like the skyhook system better than the competitors
The first class joystick control system is amazingly intuitive, operated with a single turn of the wrist. At the dock or out in the open seas, sideways tracking and turning on the spot is never a problem. Precise one-hand command and maneuverability are clearly unsurpassed.
Caterpillar pleasure craft customers enjoy the following benefits with the new Zeus® Pod Drive System:
- Clean, quiet, and comfortable. The pod drive system's counter-rotating propellers are mounted on large rubber supports for reduced gear noise and vibration.
- Enhanced maneuverability. The independent movement of each pod results in exceptional turning efficiency and amazing response.
- Safer by design. By mounting the pod in a tunnel, most floating debris is deflected downward, away from the propellers.
- Easy to install. The pod drive system is a complete package, requiring much less installation time compared to regular inboards.
Zeus® is a registered name of Mercury Marine.